Intex is a small mobile manufacturing company that targets only some countries. The company usually makes budget phones. The quality of these phones is decent but most of them need better firmware. A quick look at Intex stock ROM list will reveal that the company hasn’t updated these ROMs for quite some time now.
Many people who own Intex phones feel that firmware has many bugs. The phone slows down after few hours of continues use. When playing latest games, it hangs and makes life difficult for the user. If you are playing a game and someone calls you, you won’t be able to come back to the game after the call as it would have become unresponsive. These are just a few problems that Intex users have reported.
There is no doubt that Intex needs to improve its firmware and they need to do it fast if they want to hang of their customers.
However, there isn’t much you can do right now if you have an Intex phone. You can bookmark Intex stock ROM list and come back to it every now and then to see if there is a new ROM out there.
Can I install a custom ROM on Intex phone?
To get rid of all the problems that come with stock ROM, you can install a custom ROM and enjoy your phone once again.
Here is how to install a custom ROM on Intex phone.
- First, you need to look at the Intex stock ROM list for one last time. If the company has released a new ROM, you may want to try it before you install a custom ROM.
- Unlock the bootloader on your Intex phone. This should be a fairly simply procedure if you have some experience with rooting. In case you have a rooted phone, your bootloader is already unlocked.
- Now root your phone. This might require some expertise. If you aren’t a technical person, look for a good rooting tutorial on XDA or another website and follow it. Be sure to follow each step carefully when rooting your phone.
- Download the custom ROM you want to install. If you are using this method to install a stock ROM, download it from Intex stock ROM list.
- Now move the ROM files to your phone. This should be difficult if you have installed USB drivers for your phone on your PC. Just connect your phone with PC using USB cable and move the data.
- Once you have a rooted phone with a custom recovery installed, restart it and boot into recovery this time.
- Find an option in recovery that lets you install a file from ZIP. Click the option. You are going to use this option to install custom ROM file.
- The installation should take nearly five minutes to complete. Some Intex models may take more time depending on the size of ROM file.
- Now you should be able to run your Intex phone using a custom ROM.